(as of May 02,2021 18:17:04 UTC – Details)
Organic, yummy, fast and family-friendly recipes your toddler foodie will love.
Toddlers have a lot of opinions, especially when it comes to food. With The Big Book of Organic Toddler Food, you’ll create simple, delicious meals that satisfy your toddler’s changing nutritional needs and the taste buds of everyone in the household, even the little picky one.
In The Big Book of Organic Toddler Food, Stephanie Middleberg draws on her nutritional expertise as a certified nutritionist and founder of Middleberg Nutrition, as well as her hard-earned wisdom as the mom of two, to bring you the ultimate guide to nourishing your little one with delicious organic foods without a meltdown!
Your ultimate toddler cookbook, The Big Book of Organic Toddler Food includes:
- 125+ simple, healthy recipes that will appeal equally to your toddler and all other family members, saving you time and money
- An overview of toddlerhood including signs of readiness for toddler-specific foods, food allergen and safety guidance, bottle weaning and milk introduction, baby tableware buying guidance, and more
- Organic food fundamentals that cover food labels, pantry prep, seasonal eating, and convenience food guidance
From yummy breakfast recipes like Chocolate Chip Oat Banana Blender Muffins to family-ready dinners like Zucchini Noodles with Slow Cooker Turkey Meatball Marinara, The Big Book of Organic Toddler Food will not only ensure your toddler is eating nutritious, delicious food, but that you aren’t spending all your waking hours in the kitchen.
From the Publisher
Eating Habits from Babyhood to Toddlerhood:
Congratulations on this next step in feeding your child! You’ve made it to their first year or are nearly there and so much has changed. Just when you’ve gotten baby food purées down, your wonderful, funny baby grows into an adorable, opinionated toddler. To make the most of this next adventure, this book offers essential guidance and tasty recipes that your family can enjoy eating together with your toddler.
A Guide to Going Organic:
That walks you through the benefits of feeding your toddler organic food, and offers explanations on how to read labels and eat seasonally.
Toddler Eating Habits:
Points out signs that your toddler is ready for finger food, along with how to manage other developmental milestones, like transitioning from formula or breast milk to cow’s milk.
Over 125 Deliciously Easy Recipes:
For the family that eats together, these recipes allow you to make one meal that everyone can enjoy.
Sample Recipe: Zucchini Noodles with Slow Cooker Turkey Meatball Marinara
Serves 4 to 6 / Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: 8 hours
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, carrot, sea salt, and 1 teaspoon of Italian herbs. Using a melon baller, form the mixture into balls and arrange in the slow cooker.
2. Add the drained tomatoes and one can with its juices, onion, garlic powder, and remaining 1 teaspoon of Italian herbs.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
4. Stir in the basil just before serving.
5. Spoon over the zoodles.
If desired, you can add up to two cups of additional chopped, fresh veggies to the marinara sauce when you add the other ingredients. Carrots, zucchini, and yellow squash are all good choices.
1 pound ground turkey, 2 portions Veggie Noodles (Zoodles)
1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
1 large egg, beaten
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs, divided
2 (14-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes, 1 drained
1 onion, finely chopped, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped