These Date Nut Bars are SO very easy to make and come together with just a few simple ingredients! They’re easily adaptable to include more protein, different kinds of nuts and more. I can’t wait for you to make these!
I’m partnering up once again with Natural Delights which is my GO TO source for fresh and delicious medjool dates. For these bars, I’m using their Pitted Medjool Dates which are my FAV! I always keep a couple of tubs in the house for lazy (very tasty) snacking and delicious snacks like these Date Nut Bars!
I’m really excited that I’m finally getting to share these bars with you! I’ve been making a version of them for years and keep meaning to share the recipe.
Let’s go over why these are SO AMAZING, shall me?:
- They require just FOUR ingredients.
- They’re ridiculously easy to make.
- They make for a healthy and filling snack.
- They’re easily customizable.
I could keep going but hopefully you get the idea 🙂
Ingredients we’re working with:
- Natural Delights Pitted Medjool Dates
- Nuts of choice- I used a mix of almonds and cashews but really any nuts/ seed mixture would work well
- Chocolate + peanut butter for the topping
I started making these to replace my favorite store bought nut bars because they can get REALLY expensive at the store if you’re eating them regularly!
I love to eat these bars in the late afternoon when I just really want to snack on something. I typically workout about an hour lately and they’re a great boost of energy to get me through my workout and to dinner.
BUT they would also make a delicious dessert!
Both the chocolate and peanut butter are totally optional and can be left off of the bars for a lower calorie option as desired. You could also mix chocolate chips into the date batter before pressing it into your pan. I’ve made these so many different ways and they always turn out delicious!
As usual, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! And it really helps me out a lot when you come back and leave a review on the recipe. I greatly appreciate it and always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!
Thanks again to Natural Delights for sponsoring this post and thank YOU for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible!
More easy date recipes to try:
These Date bars are so simple to make and come together in no time!
- 1 ½ cups of Natural Delights Medjool dates, pitted (about 10–12 total dates)
- 1 ½ cup of nuts (I used a mix of cashews and almonds but really anything would work well!)
- ⅔ cup of chocolate chips*
- Optional drizzle: 2 tablespoons of runny peanut butter + ½ teaspoon of coconut oil
- Sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Soak the dates in warm water for about 10 minutes to soften them (I recommend even longer if your dates are old or on the harder side). Drain the water and lightly squeeze the dates to release excess moisture.
- Place the dates in a blender or food processor and pulse a few times to break them down some. Add in the nuts and pulse until the nuts are broken into smaller pieces as shown in the photos (a few larger chunks are okay too!).
- In a small baking dish (I used an 8×6″ little dish but a bread pan also works) lined with parchment paper, press the date and nut mixture into the bottom so that it’s even.
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl by microwaving it in 30 second increments, stirring in between. Pour the chocolate over the date mixture and spread it out evenly.
- If using the peanut butter drizzle, microwave the peanut butter + coconut oil until combined and then drizzle it over the chocolate. I used a tooth pick to kind of swirl it in but that’s not necessary.
- Place in the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate is fully hardened. Slice and ENJOY! I suggest storing leftovers in the fridge in an air tight container.
*you could do ¼ – ½ cup of chocolate for a lighter version!
- Category: snack
- Method: chilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan snack, date bars, date nut bars